5.08.2013

the last of malone.

the last week has been filled with lots of 'lasts', such as:
-last set of finals....ever.
-last, last week of classes....ever.
-last meal in the cafeteria....ever.
-last time doing laundry at malone....ever.
-last time i live in a community where everything i need is within a 7 minute radius....ever.
-last time checking my mail (in box 771), seeing the staff members i love, and being an undergratuate student....ever

tonight, i pack up all my things at Malone and prepare to move out, for the last time...ever.
it's amazing the flood of emotions and memories that have come to me today.
in many ways, i am ready to move on.  i am ready for what the world holds and how the Lord will choose to use me in the profession of nursing.
i am so ready to be done with the homework, tests, and stressful times that come along with being in a rigorous program, such as nursing. 
yet at the same time, it has been my home for the last 4 years.
4 years of memories, friendships, laughs, and cries took place here.

at Malone, i had my first (and second and third) 'official' date with guys.
for the first time, i had solid Christian friends who encouraged me in my walk with the Lord.
and i shared a room with someone other than my sister, as well as 'did life' with many women who had impacted my life.

songs were the 'theme' of the year, and listen to on repeat.
freshmen year was 'mmm what ya say' and 'body language', 'when a heart break no it don't break even' and 'down'.
senior year was '22', 'mirrors', 'right next to you' and many others.

at Malone, i have been shaped into the person i am.
it amazes me to think how my world view, perspective, and faith have changed since i was 18 years old. seems like i was such a baby looking back at it!

i am so thankful for Malone, and the place it will always hold in my heart.
my heart is so full!!  
what a BLESSING it was to learn and grow in the profession of nursing at a place where Christ's Kingdom is first.

i will walk around tomorrow {to take my final exit exam}, for the last time....ever.  
at least for a while.

God, you've been so good.
You knew what i needed in a college, and provided better than i could have imagined.  You are so faithful.
 
{p.s...tomorrow kayleigh, sara, rachel and i will depart in the evening for daytona, FL and then board a cruise saturday, for 6 days, to the bahamas. to say we're pumped is an understatement.  praying for safety--cruises have had some slight issues recently--and a fun time together!}

No comments:

Post a Comment